Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I"M STILL A RUNNER!

Wow! This is really hard. But, I am officially and permanently resigning from the race. I never like to give up and I always think things will work out somehow or that I can figure out a way, but I guess not this time. As you know, I have suffered from Plantar Faciitis for about 3 years now, and have a tried a million things to get better. Pretty much the worst thing you can do for it, is run on your feet, but I figured since nothing has worked and my feet still hurt, I would run anyway. Well, the problem is that because of the pain in the feet, my body overcompensates in other areas and I have severe pain in my calves and also in my shins. Then just lately I have this pain, that Sue tells me is called a nueroma, where a pinched nerve goes from your toes up to your hip. I get this about an hour after I run for about 3 days, sometimes mild to severe in pain. So, I have just been trying to gut through it all and eventually my feet would get better. Yesterday I went on a 3 miler and after pretty much couldn't walk or bend down. Sorry to give the gorry details or seem complaining, but it's just really hard for me to give up. I really wanted to do this with you all. I have imagined it all many times. But I think I need to give someone else the time to get ready for the race. I hope you all can support me in my decision. I hope to let my feet and legs heal and then get back to running. Don't forget, I AM A RUNNER!
-Steph

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Steph - I'm so sorry to hear about all of the aches and pains!!! I hope you can get them healed up so that you're out of pain. Never good to just ignore it all.

We love ya. You're always a runner!! Are you coming to Portland anyway??