Friday, July 6, 2007

Dat Boy's a Runnin Fooool

OK, So I am just enjoying myself laying tile in a shower, wondering why the walls keep getting bigger and the ceiling taller, when I feel a tug at my arm... I look over and see nobody there. Huh?? Strange. I turn back to my work, and I feel the tug again. This time much harder and more sudden. What the....?? I wake up to find Sue hauling my lazy butt out of bed.

DARN!!! I wanted to be the one to wake us up today! Ah well. At least I AM getting up to go running. I suppose that today is a good a day as any, and the earlier the better. After all, yesterday it was well over 104 degrees and there is no way I am going to be able to pull this off unless I do it before sun breaks the ridge on Olympus.

Next thing I know, I am chasing Sue down the road as she leads on a blistering pace along Wasatch Blvd. ( I love running behind Sue! Any of you married men will agree that the best view is had when you are following your wife. Just to prove it, I took out my camera phone and snapped this picture:



Anyhow... To make an overly loquacious posting somewhat more succinct, we had a good run! I admit that I did not do as well as I had hoped this morning, but I can honestly blame it on the tile setting endeavor that inspired the previously mentioned nightmare. Legs + Hips + Knees + Back + Pain = Slow times. Tomorrow I will wake up early enough to get some ibuprofen for breakfast .

So, there you have my first blog entry. And I will leave you with this delightful image of the HTC course I found somewhere out in cyber space...



Ciao.

2 comments:

suzyq said...

Naaaaooooh! I am laughing so hard. I love it!!!! You're awesome!!!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Sue you look amazing during a morning run!!! Your flowing hair! I wish I could pull that off. Poor Jordan chooses to run in front of me for the reason that I don't look like that when I run!!

I love that picture of HTC!