Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Breeze of 2 Miles

I was getting tired of feeling like I have to run 4-5 miles everytime. So I decided to run 2 miles, but run it good and fast (or as fast as I can go). I LOVED it. I did my best at a 10:45 minute mile. We will see if I can push myself for 6 miles at that pace for the race. At the beginning of this training, 2 miles was hard for me. So to know that 2 miles is now a piece of cake is great.

I really tried to push it, knowing I didn't have to go very far. When I finished, I wasn't wiped out like I am after 5 miles. So it was very refreshing. I think I will do this atleast once a week to get the feel of speed and ease!! I suggest you try it.

P.S. We only have 5 week to go. I know what you are thinking, "Let's get this over with!!".

No comments: