Friday, July 6, 2007

I am Inspired

Hi everyone,

After talking with everyone last night, the fire was re-lit, after being snuffed out , and i'm back in race mode again. On Monday night, Brian and I ran a 3.5 mile course WITHOUT STOPPING! First time ever to be able to do that. and I mean EVER! and then of course the depressing letter from the HTC people, and the great convo with the fam. I was so inspired that devin and I went out on a 3 mile run up the Canyon late last night. Here's the deal though. I need to plan when i'm running for the day because each time I have run, i have eaten too much for dinner and i feel it in my chest the whole time i'm running. not good. Anyway, I'm going to plan from now on when to eat and run. This is very important.

Steph

2 comments:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

The worst is eating Italian before a run. I have hot Tomato burps this way. I went running last night and I planned on only eating 2 pieces of bread with jam. That was perfect.

So yes, Plan for eating and running!

Cathy said...

I run in the morning on an empty stomach. Maybe 1 glass of water. After I finish, I don't eat for 30 min. - 60 min. The reason - I want to burn my fat stores for energy and not the carbs that I just ate. I love it. But, for the run, I'm thinkin' a power bar before!!

I should say that I'm pounding water as soon as I get home!! At least 12 glasses a day - that helps my muscles not get as sore!!

cth