Sunday, June 24, 2007

I'm Here & Runnin'

Hi Everyone -
So fun to read your progress. Bryan and I run based on intensity (see Body for Life program). However, I will start lengthening my runs from approx. 2 miles - 3 x per week to 3 miles - 3 x per week. I guess I need to run at least a 6 mile run before our trip to Utah in July. Will this get me ready in case you all need a substitute runner? If not - help me out.

I would love to run in Utah with you all. I'm a little worried about the transition to a higher elevation but I'll do my best. We'll be there from 7/20-7/28 and maybe a little longer.

Please post your mile/minute times so that I know if I'm even in the ball park. I'm usually running around 10 - 10 1/2 min. mile. That's at sea level though and I anticipate slower in the Rocky Mountain State.

A comment on Steph's -"I'm not a runner." I always thought the purpose of learning to be a runner should be so that you can actually "run away" from something. Now I run because it's good exercise - I'm not lovin' it quite yet but I do enjoy the time with my headphones, nature, my dog, and me.


cath

1 comment:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

You are probably running faster than half our group. No worries on your time!!! You are awesome alternate!! We may need you, but I am not saying for who, because I don't want to give out negative vibes.