Monday, March 3, 2008

Don't know if this is Post-worthy

I decided to lower the pace on the treadmill and now I'm at 15 min without having to stop! My heart rate is pretty high, so I need to work on getting that down, not to mention that it is a 13 min mile so not that fast.

FYI - The main reason I needed the leg I got, besides being the worst runner ever, is that Bart and I are trying to get pregnant and I could be a couple months along at that point (finger's crossed) and I want to make sure that I don't push myself too hard. I had a miscarriage last October and instead of hyper-focusing on getting pregnant again each month I really want to live my life like normal. So I want to assure everyone I am 100% in this and really excited. It's already been really fun just training and talking about it and I'm glad I have a whole team of family members to keep me motivated and excited.

Thanks for all your support!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Mer - You rock!! Way to go on the mileage! Your time will naturally decrease with consistent running. Don't stress it!! You're great.
Love ya!

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Great job Mer! 15 min mile without stopping is very great! I am excited to hear about possible future pregnancy - I hope the best for you guys. Also, Sue was about 1 1/2 months pregnant when she ran the HTC in August with us. (although she did not find out til after) but she still did it and ran it very strong!