Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We Were Runnin' Fools!!

Yeah we did it! It's done! or should I be saying "it's done?" I had such a great time with everyone, quite an experience.

On my last run I was thinking about everyone and I have a little thought about each of you!!


#1 Cathy - The one who took the leg that no one else wanted and rocked it hard. You have such a compassionate spirit for others.

#2 Brian - I loved hearing about your 3rd leg. It is so like you to make best friends with someone where ever you go.

#3 Bryan - You are named the Stop Watch Nazi! I am so glad you pushed through that hurt toe and finished the race!

#4 Jeanne - Thank you for getting this all started. You were my Co-Captain forsure, thanks for the volunteers and a yummy pasta night!

#5 Devin - Our little Gazelle. I love that you came and conquered, Dev. You are awesome. I am sure it was fun to run with your Dad.

#6 Becky - Our van loved watching you run in every time. You are too sweet and were willing to switch vans, but I think leg 6 did you well.

#7 Anne - Named, Van 2's Gazelle! You go girl. She never complained or seemed nervous, like most of us. She just went out there and did her thing, a long time veteran.

#8 Wayne - We were so privilaged to have your expertise with us. Really, we would have been so lost. Thanks for running with our team this year.

#9 Amy - You are a powerhouse too. I loved looking for your bandana, and everytime we would drive by, we got Amy dancing away.

#10 Jared - Our shirtless hairy running beast. My favorite was in the second leg and we drive by to hear him yell, "I love this run". It was very inspiring for my next leg.

#11 Sue - We loved the drawing of Hulk. You were awesome, even through the rain. It was so fun to see you push it to the end and hand off the bracelet to me.
#12 Marie - I just still can't believe that this even happened. I need to see more pictures so I know that it was real and not just a dream. Post them if you got 'um.

Driver Rame - You always got them where they needed you to go, even if you spaced it a few times. I am sure Jeanne loved having you with her. Thanks for driving!

Driver Jordan - I love you! Thank you for supporting me and being there to get us to the race on time. I know you are dying to run this yourself next year.

I love you all, and thanks to all the other family members who supported us in this. We were all in this together!! Go Incredible Holts!!

Marie

3 comments:

neffgang said...

Wow. I'm so jealous. But more than that, I'm so proud of my family. Every one of you. I was talking to Brian and telling him through out the race how proud I was of him and Devin and then I was finding out about how all the family did. And I had this overwhelming pride for all my family and was so happy for you all. Way to go everyone!!!

Steph

I'll try for next year too!

Cathy said...

This was an experience that is difficult to put into words. Marie - thank you for the sweet comments but the truth is we WOULDN'T AND COULDN'T have completed this without you. Each time you handed off to me - your smile and happy leaps at the end of each leg were enough to boost my spirits and make my run easier. Thanks for the love and example you set for us all!! I love all of ya - even the adopted siblings Anne & Wayne!!

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

I have to say as I am reading all these comments and things about each person on our team, tears are just coming to my eyes. All the races I have done in my life have been hard and in their own way emotional. However, I feel an overwhelming love and pride for all of you and the intensity of this race that bonded us in ways that cannot be expressed in words, just the feeling! Thank you for this experience. My words now can't even express how I feel. It was truly a great experience. I am so glad I got to share it with my family. Also, Wayne and Anne, you are definitely members of my HTC family. I loved having you there and getting to know you. Thanks all.

Amy